Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

US Nationwide

Albuquerque suspect charged with 3 killings

Albuquerque suspect charged with 3 killings, Transatlantic Today

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Transatlantic Today) – At least 3 of the 4 Muslim men who were murdered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in recent months were killed by the suspect, who has a background of charges for domestic violence, according to the police. 

According to the Albuquerque Police Department, Muhammad Syed, 51, has been charged with homicide in the fatal shootings of 41-year-old Aftab Hussein on July 26, 25-year-old Naeem Hussain on August 5, and now Muhammad Afzaal Hussain on August 1. After being apprehended, Syed allegedly denied having any part in the men’s killings, according to the police. 

According to investigators, they are collaborating with the district attorney’s office to determine whether to file charges for the murder of the second guy, who died just months after the first two. 

In November of last year, Mohammad Ahmadi, 62, was fatally shot outside the business he and his brother owned. 

Pakistani citizens were among the shooting victims in July and August. Ahmadi was an Afghan national. 

Syed immigrated to the United States from Afghanistan a number of years ago, and since then, authorities say, he has been detained at least twice on domestic violence-related misdemeanor charges. 

A criminal complaint dated May 2018 claims that Syed and his wife got into a fight inside the state Department of Human Services office. 

The complaint states that Syed alleged his wife kicked him while they were in the waiting hall of the doctor’s office and slapped him while they were arguing in the car. According to his wife, Syed grabbed her by the hair and threw her out of the car, making her walk nearly 2 hours to go to the office. When she arrived, the dispute was still going on, and she alleged in the complaint that Syed had grabbed her by the hair and thrown her to the ground. 

According to the complaint, a staff member at the office called the police after discovering Syed’s wife on the floor with a big hairpiece that had fallen to the ground. The complaint claims that workers said Syed arrived around an hour and a half before his wife did. 

According to a representative from the Office of the Second Judicial District Attorney, he was arrested for battery on a family member, but the case was dropped because his wife refused to press charges or take part in the investigation. 

According to a complaint filed, Syed’s son called police to the house in December 2018 and said that the father was “striking” the mother and son. According to the complaint, the son had shut himself in his room after being struck by his father with a metal spoon, which caused blood to splatter on the back of his head. 

Officers were informed by the son that Syed had previously regularly beat both his mother and him. According to the criminal complaint, Syed denied using violence. According to ABC NEWS, victims were once more unwilling to file charges or work with the authorities. 

Muslim communities all around the country had been rattled by the spate of killings.

You May Also Like

Society

Is it illegal to drink at work? As the holiday season approaches, the festive spirit sweeps across workplaces, bringing with it the allure of...

Capitol Hill Politics

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae.

Society

New York (Washington Insider Magazine) — Is watching bestiality illegal? The topic of bestiality, defined as the act of a human engaging in sexual activity...

Europe

Russia (Washington Insider Magazine) -Ukrainian officials have spoken of establishing territorial defense units and partisan warfare, but they admit that these resources are insufficient...