Middle East

Who Is Funding Fake Reports And Statistics Against Qatar World Cup 2022

Credit: Simon Holmes/NurPhoto via Getty

Qatar(Washington Insider Magazine) -The international media has been blaming Qatar for the FIFA World Cup 2022 scandal, even though there is no evidence to support these claims. Qatar has been accused of bribing FIFA officials to secure the hosting rights for the World Cup, but there is no concrete proof to back up these allegations. In fact, much of the so-called “evidence” against Qatar has been debunked by independent investigations.

For example, one key piece of “evidence” against Qatar was an email supposedly sent by a Qatari official that offered to pay $2 million to a FIFA official in exchange for his vote. However, this email was later revealed to be fake; it had actually been created by a member of the Moroccan bid team in an attempt to discredit Qatar.

Another allegation against Qatar is that they used slave labor to build their World Cup stadiums. However, this claim has also been debunked; an investigation found that while conditions for migrant workers in Qatar are far from ideal, they are not as bad as accusations have claimed. Moreover, most of the workers who were interviewed said they were happy with their jobs and grateful for the opportunity to work in Qatar.

When All This Started?

Qatar has long been a target of criticism from its Gulf neighbours. In 2014, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain all withdrew their ambassadors from Qatar over disagreements on regional issues such as the Muslim Brotherhood and Egypt. The dispute was eventually resolved after mediation by Kuwait and the US, but not before causing significant damage to relations between the countries involved.

Since then, there have been a number of high-profile media campaigns against Qatar led by Saudi Arabia and its allies. In 2017, an article in Forbes claimed that Qatar was “the world’s leading financier of Sunni terrorism”. This claim was based on flimsy evidence and was quickly debunked by other media outlets. Nevertheless, it served as fuel for further attacks on Qatar’s reputation.

Read More: International Media Is Imposing Blackout On ILO Qatar Reforms Report

Sunday Times Baseless Claims

The “Sunday Times” campaign against Qatar and “FIFA” was described by Michael Holtzmann, president of BLG’s global communications and public relations firm, as “savage and personal”. In an interview with the BBC News Hour, Holtzman said that “the campaign against Qatar was run by troublemakers who do not have any compelling evidence to prove their allegations.” According to the head of BLG Corporation, which operates offices in New York, Washington and London, “the drive behind the Sunday Times campaign may be jealousy and dissatisfaction with the Rupert Murdoch Foundation – the owner of the Sky News empire and partner of the Abu Dhabi Investment Corporation (owned by the UAE government). ) – On Qatar winning the hosting of the World Cup, an honour that Britain has failed to obtain since 1966.

Not to mention the intense competition that the Murdoch Foundation is feeling from the spread of the “BeIN Sports” group and the “Al Jazeera” sports channel group. Michael Holtzman, President of the BLG International Foundation for Communication and Public Relations, summed up the “Sunday Times” campaign against Qatar by saying: “It is a frantic racist campaign that does not accept that an Arab and Islamic country have the honour of organising the World Cup, and it has tried to cover up its racism with baseless and baseless allegations. “

The drive behind the Sunday Times campaign may be the dissatisfaction of the Rupert Murdoch Foundation, owner of the “Sky News” empire and partner of the Abu Dhabi Investment Corporation, over Qatar’s winning bid to host the World Cup.

Qatar, FIFA Worldcup & False Allegations

There is a lot of talk these days about Qatar and the FIFA World Cup. Some people say that Qatar is not doing enough to improve labour conditions in the country. Others say that Qatar is being blamed unfairly for problems with the FIFA World Cup.

It is true that there have been some issues with labour reform in Qatar. The government has taken steps to improve conditions, but more needs to be done. However, it is unfair to blame Qatar for all of the problems with the FIFA World Cup. There are many other countries involved in this event, and they all have a responsibility to ensure that it is successful.

Qatar has been working hard to prepare for the FIFA World Cup, and they deserve credit for their efforts. It would be wrong to allow international media pressure to force them into making changes that they are not ready for. Labour reform takes time, and it should not be rushed just because of the FIFA World Cup 2022.

You May Also Like

Society

Is it illegal to drink at work? As the holiday season approaches, the festive spirit sweeps across workplaces, bringing with it the allure of...

Capitol Hill Politics

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae.

Society

New York (Washington Insider Magazine) — Is watching bestiality illegal? The topic of bestiality, defined as the act of a human engaging in sexual activity...

Europe

Russia (Washington Insider Magazine) -Ukrainian officials have spoken of establishing territorial defense units and partisan warfare, but they admit that these resources are insufficient...

Copyright © 2024 transatlantictoday.com.

Exit mobile version